Sunday, January 18, 2015

Eating With Tiny! (Blog Hop Week 3)


I've been so glad to hear from families since Tiny Tastes launched! We've received lots of stories about how much children are enjoying eating with me in the app. Check out more here if you'd like to read some of the notes I've received!


For this week's blog hop topic, I decided to hop out for a fresh story of my own! I went to visit Ian (5), Jack (8), and Cooper (4), whose parents gave me permission to share their experience:

I asked their mom to pick out some foods that they normally don't want to eat or even try, so that we could see how I might be able to help them taste these healthy new foods with me in the app!

First we started out with red bell peppers. Their mom thought they would never eat them... but whenever they saw me eating the peppers, the children all wanted to join along to taste them too! As soon as they were done eating, we were pleasantly surprised to hear Ian say "more please!"

We had already read through the story together before trying the sweet peppers, but the 4 & 5 year olds especially wanted to read the story again before continuing with the next part of their snack. They kept talking about all of the fun story accessories they wanted to buy for me with the coins they're earning! 

Next we tried kiwi fruit and almonds, things that their mom likes but that the kids haven't wanted to eat before -- so she was very curious to see if they would want to eat them along with me in the app. Their mom took a picture of their snack plate and "shared the almonds and kiwi with me" (i.e. the picture of their food fills up my bowl in the app so it appears that I am eating the same things as them) and once again the kids were all really excited to eat those new foods with me too!

Since there were 3 children using the app together, we let them share the coins they all earned by taking turns picking out different items from the Tiny Store - I got a cool bowl, a little bow tie, and a new t-shirt from them! 

Soon, Tiny Tastes will be releasing a multi-user platform where all of the kids in a family can share and enjoy the app together on 1 device, while keeping their coin-pouch and purchases separate if they'd rather use it that way :)

Yours,
Tiny


No comments:

Post a Comment